- Graduate Student, Ph.D. Program in English, University of Wisconsin-Madison, August 2014 to Present
- MFA, Creative Writing. University of Alaska Anchorage (UAA), May 2004.
- BS, Cum Laude, Plant Ecology, Minor in Writing. University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point (UWSP), May 2001.
Front End Developer
Remote-Learner.net, Fall 2012 to Present
Front-end development for the Moodle platform. SCORM support. Bug fixes and improvements to Remote-Learner.net's configurable Moodle theme. Bug fixes and improvements for Remote-Learner.net's REIN eLearning Interactions filter.
Technical skillset includes:
- YUI, jQuery, jQuery UI
Lead Instructional Designer
Remote-Learner.net, Fall 2007 to Fall 2012
Technical innovation and support for instructional design team. jQuery, Flash AS3, CSS, and PHP custom development. Development of interactive eLearning content. SCORM support for hosting customers.
- ADL SCORM 1.2 Compliance
- Moodle instructional design in accordance with social constructivist pedagogy
- Authorware platforms including Captviate, Articulate, and Camtasia
Instructional Designer, Writer
Web Courseworks, Summer 2006 to Fall 2007
Design of eLearning and eTraining interfaces; text and design of Flash learning objects; composition of web copy, business proposals, and work statements; composition of eCourse content, assessment, and remediation. Moodle LMS coursebuilding, configuration, consulting, and training.
LMS Administrator, Instructional Designer
Rural Alaska Native Adult Distance Education Program
Alaska Pacific University, June 2004 to June 2006
- Introduction to Computer Applications. Basic computer use.
- Basic Writing. Review and development of basic grammar, organization, and composition. Introduction to research and citation.
- Argumentative Writing. Introduction to persuasive forms. Students learn and use rhetorical strategies while analyzing, researching, and composing papers.
- Writing for Discourse Communities. Overview of academic and popular publication content and styles with students focusing on the field of their prospective degree.
- Introduction to Creative Writing: Poetry. Investigation and practice of the forms and techniques of imaginative writing. Examination of important work by poets. Relationship between writing and publishing.
Awards and Recognition
- Fellow/Scholarship Recipient, Holtz Center for Science & Technology Studies, University of Wisconsin-Madison, May 2015
- Bread Loaf 2013 Donald Everett Axinn Returning Contributor Award
- UW - Madison LGBTQ Mentor, September 2015 to Present
- Moodle SCORM Forum Moderator, 2009 to 2014
- Moodle Tracker HTML and CSS Component Lead, 2012 to 2014
Presentations, Productions, and Readings
- "'That Mock Our Scant Manuring': The Vegetative Affront to Heteronormative Reproduction in Milton's Paradise Lost", MadLit Conference, University of Wisconsin-Madison, 17 Feb. 2015.
- Selected poems, Adeline's, 5 July 2013, Duluth, MN.
- "Philip Levine: Life and Works," creative writing short course, 9 November 2011, Vaughn Public Library, Ashland, WI.
- "Strategies for Effective Revision," creative writing short course, 19 July 2011, Vaughn Public Library, Ashland, WI.
- "Poetry in the Daily Life," creative writing short course, 12 April 2011, Vaughn Public Library, Ashland, WI.
- "The Fallacy of Rapid Development: Quality Standards in Moodle Instructional Design," ASTE, 2009. Anchorage, Alaska.
- Apple Learning Interchange interview, FETC 2008.
- Shin Deep release reading, March 6, 2008.
- Wisconsin Federation of Poets reading, February 20, 2008.
- WORT Radio Interview, December 16, 2007.
- Thesomorphia, River Arts Center, Sauk Prairie, WI, Fall 2006. "Paying the Bills," "Education," and "Egressive" featured in an "original play celebrating the stories of triumph, joy, hardship, and determination of rural women." Directed by Jessica Lanius.
- Selected poems, Celebration of Change, Loussac Theater, April 2005.
- "Best Practices for Instruction with Moodle," Alaska Distance Education Technology Consortium Annual Conference, Anchorage, AK, September 2005.
- Open Source Technology Panelist, Alaska Distance Education Technology Consortium Annual Conference, Anchorage, AK, September 2005.
- Selected poems, Alaska Quarterly Review First Fridays, Bernie's Bungalow, February 2005.
- Selected poems, College Gate Elementary, Anchorage, AK, November 2004.
- Selected poems, Pacific Rim Literary Conference, UAA, March 2004.
- Current, One-act play authored and co-directed, Celebration of Change, Wendy Williamson Theater, Anchorage, AK, April 2003.
- Selected poems, Celebration of Change, Wendy Williamson Theater, Anchorage, AK, April 2002.
- "Identifying, Containing, and Eliminating Reed Canary Grass," Wild Ones Botanical Society, Stevens Point, WI, April 2001.
- Bread Loaf Writer's Conference, Ripton, VT, August 2013.
- Moodle Hackfest, September 2012, Perth, AU.
- Bread Loaf Writer's Conference, Ripton, VT, August 2012.
- jQuery Conference: San Francisco Bay Area, April 24-25, 2010.
- Flash AS3 Programming, C2, Milwaukee, WI, Fall 2008.
- VB.NET, Madison Area Technical College, Spring 2008.
- Flash Professional CS3, Madison Area Technical College, Spring 2008.
- Instructional Design Workshop, Fox Valley Technical College, Madison, WI, Spring 2007.
- UA Instructional Design Forum, Anchorage, AK, November 2005.
- Alaska Distance Education Technology Consortium Annual Conference, Anchorage, AK, September 2005.
- GS 150: Web Design, Alaska Pacific University, Anchorage, AK, August-September 2005.
- Moodle Training Week, AVTEC, Seward, AK, June 2005.
- Alaska Society for Technology in Education Annual Conference, Anchorage, AK, February 2005.
- Student Training Sessions for Moodle, Nome, AK, February 2005.
- Annual Conference on Distance Teaching and Learning, Madison, WI, August 2004.