Undo Force Update for IE7 Test VM02 Apr 2013
This morning Win 7 installed IE9 on a VM I'd intentionally put IE8 on. News to me that MS is now updating browsers for end-users. Good for them. Too bad we have missed out on it for the last 10 years.
Thankfully for Web devs, it can be undone:
- Press Start orb in the lower left corner of your screen.
- Type "appwiz.cpl" and press [ENTER].
- Click View installed updates.
- Select Windows Internet Explorer 9 in the category Microsoft Windows.
- Select Uninstall in the top of the 'Installed updates'-box.
Update: IE10 installed on my VM today via updates. The instructions above appear to work just fine for IE10. In that case, you're selecting Windows Internet Explorer 10 in the category Microsoft Windows. comments powered by Disqus